In this lesson, we will be going over how to outline and brainstorm your personal statement. You’ll be able to learn about the exercise fully in the video, but in summary we’re going to:
- Write down 6 of the most important activities/life events
- Talk about each of these experiences with 3 honest friends/colleagues
- 3 minute rule – If you can explain these events for >3 minutes, the experience/event can pass onto the next round
- Find out what your experiences/events have in common. Is there a common goal? Purpose?
- Connect the dots
- Find a common theme to connect these events
ALWAYS make sure it answers so what?